2012 Golden Apple Awards
The UEA is pleased to join with the Utah PTA and KUED to present the Golden Apple Awards for Excellence in Education in recognition of six outstanding educators and two exceptional volunteers.
Selected from nominees submitted by schools in Utah, these educators provide children with the educational and social tools needed to succeed.
The 2012 Golden Apple Outstanding Educator recipients are:
- Becky Worwood, Jordan Ridge Elementary School, Jordan School District
- Rod Bullock, Park Elementary School, Cache County School District
- Pam Hansen, Viewmont Elementary School, Murray School District
- Sue Jones, Oak Canyon Jr. High School, Alpine School District
- Cheryl Hughes, Alta High School, Canyons School District
- Anne Reese, Howard Driggs Elementary School, Granite School District
The 2012 Outstanding Volunteer Awards were presented to Ulises Fernandez, Midvale Middle School, Canyons School District, and Jamileh Jameson, Wasatch Jr. High School, Granite School District.
Each Golden Apple Award recipient received a $1,000 cash award and was honored at an awards ceremony on May 15. The ceremony aired on KUED. Hosted by Ted Capener, the awards ceremony featured on-site footage of the recipients at work in their classrooms.
Additional information about each winner, including on-site video and the award ceremony, is available at kued.org/goldenapples.