UEA/Children at Risk Foundation 'Excellence in Teaching' Awards
In 2013, 10 educators each received a $1,500 cash award courtesy of the UEA Children at Risk Foundation. The 2013 awards were presented at the KeyBank Superstars in Education celebration on Oct. 17, held in conjunction with the UEA Convention & Education Exposition.
Nominations for the 2014 Excellence in Teaching Awards will open Fall of 2014.
About the Awards
The Excellence in Teaching Awards are presented each year to Utah public school teachers whose efforts in the classroom have significantly impacted the life of an individual child or group of children. The UEA has sponsored the Awards since 2000.
Nominations are accepted for licensed educators who are currently working in a Utah public school and are members of the Utah Education Association. Nominees must also be current UEA members.
A selection committee reviews nominations following the nomination deadline. Winners will be notified by a UEA representative.
Nominations for the 2013 Excellence in Teaching Awards were due Sept. 24. Forms received after this date will not be accepted.
- Nominee must be a licensed educator who currently works in a Utah public school and who is a UEA member.
- Nominator must be a current UEA member.
- Use the official nomination form or submit online.
- Describe, in detail, the nominee's impact on an individual child or group of children attending a Utah public school. Include specific examples.
- If submitting a paper nomination, please use no more than one typewritten page stapled to the nomination form. If submitting online, use 600 words or less.
- If you have questions, call Michael Kelley, (801) 266-4461, ext. 101.