UEA Membership is an Investment in Your Future
Welcome to the teaching profession! You’ve chosen a wonderful career where you have the power to make a huge difference for every child you meet.
As an educator, you will spend your days with other people’s children and guide them through their public school years. We know that the first few years of your career are key to your decision to remain in the profession. Between the first day and the last day of your career as a public school educator, we’re here for you.
Belonging to our Association – and engaging in your local associations activities – will help you make your career a success. Membership in the UEA is an investment in your future, your career, and your profession. Your membership is rewarded by top quality, superb value, and excellent service.
Association membership gives you benefits in four main areas:
Leadership in our Profession
- Workshops on professional issues: classroom management, standards and assessment, educator licensure, cultural diversity, and more
- Professional resources—the NEA Professional Library and Praxis exam support
- Online professional development—the NEA Academy
- Publications on education and employee issues from the UEA and the NEA
Leadership in Advocacy and Collective Bargaining
- Immediate, personal assistance from local leaders and UniServ Directors
- Representation from the UEA’s full-time attorney experienced in labor law
- $1 million professional liability insurance
- Prompt assistance in solving problems in your workplace
- Local negotiations for your salary, benefits, and working conditions
- Training and research for your local’s negotiators
Leadership in Public Education
- Representation in the decisions that will improve public education: reducing class sizes, increasing school funding, educator mentoring and support
- Advocacy by your local association at the school board or governing board/agency
- Campaigns to elect pro-public education lawmakers and school board members, and to pass local and state ballot issues that fund public education
- Public relations campaigns to encourage public support for education
- Local association activities to engage and involve you and other members in their schools
Leadership in Personal Economic Services
- Investment, annuity, and financial programs
- Consumer education through NEA Member Benefits Program
- Member discounts on everyday purchases, travel services, and auto and homeowners insurance
Very few professions are as challenging or as critically important as teaching. Belong, all along the way. We’re here for you.