If you have questions about exhibiting at the UEA Convention & Education Exposition, please contact Janet Towers, exhibit hall coordinator, 801-266-4461, ext. 108, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Utah Education Association Convention & Education Exposition is the largest professional convention in Utah for educators. The convention provides curriculum and professional development workshops for K-12 educators. The exhibit hall draws thousands of attendees over the two-day period. Educators, parents, legislators and community leaders participate in this annual event.
If you are looking to reach Utah educators, the 2011 UEA Convention & Education Exposition is the place!
What's In It For Your Company
- Recognition in the UEA Convention program which is mailed to 20,000 professional educators, education administrators, school board members, legislators and government agencies dealing with Utah schools. To date this is the only advertising opportunity for businesses and institutions to reach Utah's professional educators.
- Listing in the Exhibitor List — handed out to all attendees attending the conference.
- Opportunity to meet one-on-one and share your product or message with attendees at the conference.
- Complimentary Exhibit Hall passes for all booth representatives.
Exhibitor's Application & Contract
Convention Decorator, Global Experience Specialists (GES)
- Supplemental booth items, e.g., electricity, table draping, carpeting, and additional tables and chairs can be ordered through our convention decorator, GES, for an additional fee.
- Thursday, October 20 — 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Friday, October 21 — 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Exhibitors agree to keep their exhibit intact and supervised until 3 p.m. on October 21. EXHIBIT HOURS MUST BE STRICTLY OBSERVED.
- 10' wide by 10' deep booth (No booth structure or sign will be allowed which obstructs adjoining exhibits.)
- 8' high back drape and 3’ high side drapes.
- Identification sign – 7” x 44”; includes booth number and company name.
- One 8’ unskirted table, one contour chair and one wastebasket.
- Listing in convention program if Exhibitor’s Application & Contract is received before July 22, 2011.
- Note: Exhibit Hall is not carpeted.
Cost of Exhibit Space Rental — based on booth location:
- $450 per booth for front corner bgooth (only 11 spaces available)
- $425 per booth for cross aisle/corner booth spaces (limited number available)
- $400 for all other booths
- Wednesday, October 19 from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Space allotted and not occupied before 8 a.m., on Thursday, October 20, shall revert to the UEA to be relet and occupied in any manner and for such purposes as the exhibit hall coordinator shall see fit. In such event, all payments made hereunder shall be retained by the UEA as liquidated damages and this contract shall be null and void.
- Friday, October 21 from 3 p.m. to 9:59 p.m.
- All exhibit areas must be left free from debris. It is the exhibitor’s duty and responsibility, at its sole cost and expense, to install and put into place the exhibit before the opening of the Exhibit Hall and to dismantle and remove the exhibit immediately after the close of the convention.
- No refunds or cancellations will be accepted after August 25, 2011.
Food and Beverage Sampling
- Exhibitors who process or distribute food in their normal course of business and would like to distribute food during the convention can request a full copy of the South Towne guidelines. Food samples cannot be larger than bite size and beverages cannot be greater than two ounces.
Exhibit Space Regulations
- Processing of Exhibitor’s Application & Contract and booth assignments will start after April 15.
- Exhibit placement is determined on the basis of the date of receipt of application, exhibitor proximity request, past history of exhibiting with the UEA, special needs, general grouping for proper display comparison and the amount of space required.
- The UEA reserves the right to alter locations of exhibitors or booths at their sole discretion if deemed advisable in the best interest of the event.
- The UEA has the right to reject any exhibit not deemed to be advisable or appropriate.
- No exhibit hall space shall be sold to any organization which is in competition with the UEA or is contrary to its goals and purposes.
- The rights of the exhibitor cannot be assigned to any other firm or person whatsoever.
- Exhibits that include the operation of musical instruments, radios, sound equipment, public address systems, video production or any noise-making machines must be conducted or arranged so that the noise, resulting from the demonstration, must not disturb adjacent exhibitors or their patrons.
- All exhibit material will be delivered, maintained and removed at exhibitor’s sole risk of loss and damage whatsoever and that neither the UEA, nor its members, shall be liable or responsible for any loss, damage, death or injury from any cause, whatsoever. All claims for any such loss, damage, death or injury are expressly waived by exhibitor, and exhibitor warrants that exhibitor will forever indemnify, save harmless and defend the UEA from and against any and all claims, demands, suits, persons or property arising out of, or in connection with, the exhibit or occupancy of the space allotted under this agreement. The signed representative agrees to pay costs and reasonable attorney’s fees if the UEA prevails in an action against the undersigned brought to enforce any provision of this contract.
Exhibitors Agree to the Following:
- Exhibitor will keep all materials, displays, distribution of flyers and advertisements within its designated exhibit space.
- Exhibitor will not use helium-filled balloons. If helium-filled balloons are used, exhibitor agrees to pay any and all costs associated with the removal of balloons. · Exhibitor will not use or distribute self-adhesive materials (i.e., bumper stickers).
- Exhibitors will not injure or deface the walls or floors of the building, the booths or the equipment in the booths. When such damage appears, the exhibitor is liable to the owner of the property so damaged.
- Exhibitor will comply with Fire Code restriction of nonflammable draping and meet any other requirements the Fire Marshal deems necessary. Combustible materials or explosives are not permitted in the hall.
- Utah sales tax shall be collected from consumers on all sales at the convention. A Temporary Sales Tax License will be issued to all convention exhibitors by a Tax Commission Agent at the beginning of the show. The sales tax cannot be paid with your quarterly sales tax return even though you have a business location within the city limits;. If you have any questions, please contact the Special Event Unit of the Utah State Tax Commission, 210 North 1950 West, Salt Lake City, Utah 84124, phone: (801) 297-6303.
For Professional Educators