Parent tips from the Utah Education Association
Parent–Teacher Partnerships – Showing Your Child You Value Education
As a parent, or an adult who plays an important role in the life of a child, your involvement in your child's education at school and at home shows your child that you value education. You can provide teachers with the most reliable source of information about your child. The partnership between you and your child's teacher is powerful.
Here are some ways you can be involved in your child's education each year at school:
- Meet the teacher.
- Make a date with the teacher to visit your child's classroom.
- Go to parent-teacher conferences.
- Join the PTA or other school/community groups.
- Stay up-to-date on school policies, schedules, and rules.
- Make sure your child is learning.
- Find a teacher or counselor you feel comfortable talking to about concerns you might have about your child.
* Keep in regular contact with your school. Volunteer if time permits.
Remember, we are all working together to help your child be successful.
Parents & Community